Wednesday 8 May 2013

Greetings from Warwickshire




I've only recently joined the Garden Moth Challenge so this is just a brief post to introduce myself. My name is Caroline and I live in Warwickshire (VC38).

I began moth trapping in July 2009 using a 15W Actinic Skinner Trap in our suburban (hopefully wildlife friendly!!) garden.

Initially, I mainly concentrated on macros and then, when I joined the Garden Moth Scheme in 2010, I started to attempt to identify the more distinctively marked micros and those on the GMS List. Since the publication last year of the new Micro Moth book I am hoping to make much more effort in identifying micros this year. I try and trap once or twice a week between March and November.

The mothing highlight for this year so far was the first moth trapped an Oak Beauty which was a new species for the garden.






I can be found on Twitter @CarolineIrwin3. My current moth species list for the garden stands at 149 so there is plenty of scope for improvement :) I look forward to taking part in the challenge and reading all about everyone's moth sightings.

No comments:

Post a Comment