Thursday 2 May 2013

Hello All!

Hi

Thanks to a friend, I've been trapping in my garden in the Chilterns for just over a year, with pretty good results, in spite of my rather low-tech kit.

I also take as much advantage as possible of organised trapping events, which is a great way to get the id skills up to scratch! And to meet some real experts and get access to some stunning habitat.

Glad to see the weather finally getting better after such a slow and cold start to the year; I'm on 29 species for the year so far, with the best of last night's catch being a lifetime-first for me, with this beautiful male Muslin Moth:


If anyone is remotely interested in the full list what I am catching, please see http://sbmoths.blogspot.co.uk/ otherwise the highlights will appear here and I look forward to the year's challenge!

Best to all!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment