Saturday 18 May 2013

Whetstone, Leics. - Garden Ticks

Last night I had the traps out for the first time in well over a week - and they were empty this morning. Unbelievable. They're out again tonight and I'm hoping things start to pick up soon. It's not all bad though. I've finally resolved the ID on the coleophorid that I found on my small silver birch earlier in May - it is now in the final case structure and is clearly C. serratella. I also found another coleophorid in the garden today on sallow which I am sure is C. lusciniaepennella. Amazingly, both are new for the garden (taking the total garden coleophorid list up to 14 species). Otherwise, only additionas are a couple of micros noted in daylight hours and another macro larva.


Taxon Vernacular Date Added
52 Coleophora lusciniaepennella [larval] 18/05/2013
51 Operophtera brumata Winter Moth [larval] 18/05/2013
50 Prays fraxinella Ash Bud Moth 17/05/2013
49 Coleophora serratella [larval] 17/05/2013
48 Elachista rufocinerea
16/05/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment