Monday 1 July 2013

Guernsey

The first half of the year is now over and I have moved onto 182 species. During the first six months I have managed to get the trap out on 23 nights, which is already two more than I did in the whole of 2012. It's tricky putting it out mid-week as I have 3 children to get ready for school every morning. But hopefully I shall be able to accelerate in the summer holidays when I shall have 6 weeks off work.

The highlight of the last week is what I believe to be Argyresthia cupressella, which would be a first for Guernsey. I do not have any experience of the species, so please shout if anyone thinks otherwise. Cheers.

Argyresthia cupressella?

Orache Moth - one of my favourites, used to be rare here but now quite common - always appears to have moss growing on it!

Pseudoswammerdamia combinella

No comments:

Post a Comment