Monday 12 August 2013

Baby boomers?




Hello. Just a note to wonder if others are experiencing good second generations in this excellent season of moths? When I first saw the unmistakable outline of this Poplar Hawk in the trap this morning, I thought: "Goodness, aren't they stayers" because they've been flying in regularly since early June. But looking more closely, this one seems in tip-top condition and unlikely to have been around that long. The Moth Bible says that they sometimes have a partial second generation in the south, and I guess that this might be one of those times. Hope you like my pyjamas and the Brimstone in the background.

Meanwhile my total creeps towards 200 but I haven't had time to do a proper audit yet.  All warm wishes to all and hope there's treasure in them thar eggboxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment